- Impact of artificial snow on the albedo - Results of the AWS data on Patscherkofel
- Analysis of the Albedo in transition between snow and no snow in Neustift
- Field excursion at the Patscherkofel ski area - Dismantling of the stations
- EcoBot measurements on- and off-piste
- Field excursion at the Patscherkofel ski area - Relocation of a station
- Field excursion at the Patscherkofel ski area
- All posts ...
Field excursion at the Patscherkofel ski area - Relocation of a station
Apr 6, 2018 • Zora Schirmeister, Lilian Schuster
Finally the Patscherkofel ski area closed at Easter Monday and we were allowed to install one station on the ski slope. For this purpose two students (Lilian and Zora) and the lecturer Fabien went up to the stations by touring skis. Luckily there was still enough snow, or better ice, on the slopes, so that we could start from the parking space with the skis on our feet and not on the back.
After the relocation of the station and putting all of the snow back into the hole, the measurement divice’s sensors were cleaned. Of course the fence was moved to protect the stations and the skiers from each other.